my cousin ummni visited me last weekend. she was here for a conference on film. she's actually a phd student in law in toronto, but her interests are eclectic.
it was a whirlwind trip so we didn't have much time together, but we did manage to do a few things.
on thursday, we went to the skiing and snowboading on fillmore street event. for those of you not in the know, fillmore street is very, very steep in certain places. some people got the idea of filling a few blocks of the street with snow, and having excellent boarders and skiers do jumps.
pretty good idea, eh? what was even better was that it was over 90 degrees that day (30ish celsius or so) and it was super hot in the sun! snow + hot hot weather is a fascinating experience.
here is a flickr link to pics, and a few of my own pics are below.
anyway we saw some great jumps, and one scary diagonal jump that landed the snowboarder in the crowd. luckily, no one was badly hurt.
we also went out to dinner at tsunami and attended a party. ummni and i also had a few chances to do some good talking, which was nice.
- ► 2008 (66)
- ► 2007 (72)
- ► 2006 (89)
- chinese students lipsync
- some of the scary/funny/interesting pumpkins carv...
- here the pumpkins have their favorite hats on. a l...
- donating blood
- encountering famous (?) people
- sf litcrawl
- Murder Mystery!
- Here's a picture of almost the entire murder myste...
- I played Stormie Steele in the murder mystery -- a...
- franz ferdinand concert
- ummni's visit
- me taking a picture of myself
- Cousin Ummni looking slightly out of it on the hot...
- skier coming over the ramp (see the small black do...
- ▼ October (15)