neha and i went to the franz ferdinand concert a week ago at the bill graham auditorium in san francisco. the place had a lot of people, but it wasn't super-packed, as i expected it would be. i guess franz ferdinand isn't THAT popular.
anyway, i liked the lighting effects and their presentation, but i didn't like the songs. i like the first franz ferdinand CD so much, and how they do it on the CD is just sooo good, that i couldn't really dig their variations in the concert. maybe the acoustics weren't the greatest either. but i wanted better from them! as for their news songs, they sounded interesting, but nothing was too compelling. however, i think i need to listen to the studio-recorded stuff because of the vibe i got with songs that i really liked already.
i wish franz ferdinand, and more bands in general, would let their shows go on the internet archive.
neha and i also sat in the handicap/old people area because of neha's injured ankle, which might've played a role in my feelings.
but i did have fun, i just wanted more!
- ► 2008 (66)
- ► 2007 (72)
- ► 2006 (89)
- chinese students lipsync
- some of the scary/funny/interesting pumpkins carv...
- here the pumpkins have their favorite hats on. a l...
- donating blood
- encountering famous (?) people
- sf litcrawl
- Murder Mystery!
- Here's a picture of almost the entire murder myste...
- I played Stormie Steele in the murder mystery -- a...
- franz ferdinand concert
- ummni's visit
- me taking a picture of myself
- Cousin Ummni looking slightly out of it on the hot...
- skier coming over the ramp (see the small black do...
- ▼ October (15)