Tuesday, August 30, 2005
[tech] systems and databases -- oh my!
my 2nd course was the berkeley take on graduate intro to systems -- a combination of databases and operating systems. there are two professors, call them DB and OS, who heckle each other when one is speaking. the course looks to be very interesting: we talk about the detailed decisions that go into making systems, and what are the tradeoffs of each decision. we read lots of papers. we get to yell at the profs too. i'm a bit worried because i don't remember any systems stuff and have never taken a databases course and there's an "entrace" exam on thursday, but i think i can brush up.
- ► 2008 (66)
- ► 2007 (72)
- ► 2006 (89)
- renting a place in the bay area
- [tech] the theory lunch and zero knowledge proofs
- this is my "office".. does it look clean from here...
- it's typical of the shelves in this room to contai...
- look closely above the notebook and to it's left. ...
- see all this stuff? no one actually seems to have ...
- the whiteboard in our office -- NOTE: this is AFTE...
- [tech] graphical models
- [tech] systems and databases -- oh my!
- the foundation series
- [tech] theory funding
- [tech] random algorithms, pleasant ideas
- [tech] and "normal" posts
- first day at school: day's end
- first day at school: midday
- first day at school: daybreak
- a place for my ideas and thoughts
- ▼ August (18)