Saturday, June 21, 2008

correcting my vision



in new zealand, i went bungee jumping. what a thrill! but the unfortunate part was that i couldn't wear my glasses, and so couldn't clearly see the rock face below getting precariously closer with each passing millisecond. tragic! more generally, there are moments i just wish i didn't have to deal with my cumbersome glasses.

and i hate contact lenses. i hate putting them in. they feel sort of funny in my eyes, and while i'm sure i can get over that, i just don't like the idea of constantly putting my finger in my eye.

so i went and did a lasik consultation at a place my eye doctor considers "ethical," in her own words. and it really did seem nice. but now i need to decide if i will take the plunge...

anyone have thoughts?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least you HAVE contacts. I'm going sky diving tomorrow and I don't have contacts. Hopefully I can still wear my glasses.

Radha said...

I'm scared! I have really terrible eyesight, -5, and people have been telling me for years to get Lasik. But I don't know, the idea of someone aiming a laser at my eyes scares me to death. I know it's pretty safe, but what if something happens? To me, wearing glasses is much better than the possibility of something going wrong and me being blind...I'm very paranoid though. Luckily, the last time I went to the doctor, she told me I was no longer a candidate for Lasik, so I don't have to worry anymore :-)

Followers